The classroom blogs we started last week seem to be going pretty well. Students are signing into them and posting. Most are mostly following the guidelines (using Standard English, not tampering with the dashboard - actually, I haven't educated them yet about the dashboard, so only the truly clever and curious can do any damage).
I see three main purposes for the class blogs at this point.
- Discussion of class novels
- A place for me to post the day's assignments
- A venue to eventually differentiate instruction by giving different students different assignments, like this one, using the concept Youssef taught us, "View Only and Make a Copy."
Now that I am using Blogger (and thinking about a Wiki), I have so many more questions than I did during our summer training. I guess that's what happens when you move from theory into practice. I know my kids are enjoying this, but I don't think I'd bother if I wasn't enjoying it, too. I am having so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment